Hi! I’m Tuukka.
I’m a 35 year old tech enthusiast who has over 15 years experience on building HTPCs.
I created My Media Experience resource website for people who are looking for complete how-to guides to build their first or next home theater computer.
On this site, you will find me building and testing the latest hardware and software so you know exactly how to build your own.
In this page, you will find only HTPC products or software I use personally and believe will add great value to you to improve your media experience.
Your First HTPC? Start with These Posts
- Updated Home Theater PC Builds for 2015: Now it is a good time to start your HTPC building project. These recommendations will help you from wasting your time and money on tedious research.
- 8 Things I Wish I Knew Before Building My First HTPC: I wish I knew about these common pitfalls when I built my first media PC. Follow these tips to save your money and time when building your own.
- How to Build a Silent HTPC for Home Theater in 10 Steps: Follow these ten easy steps and to build the optimal home theater computer for your needs while keeping it as power efficient as possible.
- Raspberry Pi 2 Guide: In this comprehensive guide, you will learn how to set up Raspberry Pi 2 as a complete Kodi (was XBMC) entertainment center solution with the right accessories.
- Custom Mini HTPC Guide In this guide, I will show you from start to finish how to build a quiet mini-ITX system that will be suitable for playing full HD videos, listening to music and viewing your photos.
- Flirc Remote Control Guide: This nice little USB adapter learns any remote control allowing you to control any computer with any remote. I currently use Flirc to control, for example, my Raspberry Pi Kodi.
- Kodi Media Center Guide: In this extensive and updated guide, I will walk you through the relevant customization tips and tricks needed to take your new Kodi 15 Isengard installation to the next level.
- Plex Media Server Guide: In this complete guide, I will show you how to build a simple setup with Plex Media Server and Windows Storage Spaces feature that will make all of your media easily accessible from almost any device.
- PlayOn Media Server Guide: In this guide, I will reveal an easy way to get Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Instant Video working with the Kodi running on any home theater computer including Raspberry Pi.